Before kicking off the next season of the show, we wanted to share with you some highlights from our previous seasons.
I don’t want to shortchange the most recent interviews with inspiring guests including Jay McInerney (’80s defining author of Bright Lights, Big City), Stephanie Danler (the bestselling author of Sweetbitter), the co-founder of Wired magazine Kevin Kelly, or How Neuroscientist Michael Grybko Defined Writer’s Block for us.
But I do want to dig into the archives with you and pull out a few of my favorites from a handful of the other 40 authors The Writer Files has cross-examined to learn how they keep the ink flowing, the cursor moving, and avoid writer’s block.
You’ll find links to these shows in the show notes on Rainmaker FM, and past episodes are easy to find in the archives of your favorite podcast app, in iTunes, or at WriterFiles.fm.
If you’re a fan of The Writer Files, click subscribe in iTunes to automatically see new interviews.
In this “Best of” Volume One, we’ll hear from a handful of past guests, including:
- Advice columnist and critic Heather Havrilesky on social media and managed procrastination
- NYTimes Bestselling Author of The Martian Andy Weir on productivity vs. laziness
- Bestselling debut novelist Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney on beating fear and procrastination
- Bestselling thriller author Mark Dawson on how to publish more than a million words in a year
- Bestselling author Ann Handley on the only reason to write a book